7 Fascinating Ways to Use Coconut Oil
It’s no surprise every lady in the universe turns to coconut when they’re in need of a quick beauty fix. After all, it has plenty of benefits. With that in mind, we’ve put together some of the best and most fascinating ways you can use coconut oil to combat any kind of skin issue.
- Let’s start with the basics! Not only does coconut oil boost memory and brain function when digested, you will find that coconut oil is wonderful as a face cleanser, moisturiser and even a sunscreen. You wouldn’t think it, but trust us. It works! If you are jetting away on vacation this year, be sure to take a jar of this miracle oil with you. You skin will thank you for it in the long run!
- According to research published in the medical journal Food and Function, the almighty coconut oil improves antioxidant levels and can slow ageing skin down. Lay off the painful clinic injections and double up on this oil instead!
- Another way of using it is by having it as an all around mouth-wash. This method is called oil pulling, and it can kill some of the harmful bacteria in your mouth, improve dental health and even reduce bad breath.
- You won’t believe this one, but it made us try it instantly to see if it works - and we got perfect results! If you’ve had a late night, there’s nothing better than a bit of highlighter to perk your face up, but you don't need shop-bought beauty cosmetics to achieve the same effect. All you have to do is simply sweep a small amount of coconut oil on top of your make-up and leave it. It looks like your skin but more glowier, this is why many famous make-up brands use it as a base ingredient in their products.
- Shaving cream is a must-have for any female who enjoys having a hair-free body. However, some creams on the supermarket shelves can irritate our precious skin and then we break out in a shaving rash. That’s when you turn to coconut oil, its skin-soothing properties will leave your legs looking hydrated and never greasy.
- Sometimes normal make-up remover doesn’t always do a good job. You know what makes an instant powerful make-up remover? Coconut oil! It even works on waterproof mascara! The coconut oil does a grand job breaking down waxy, inky eye make-up, and leaves the delicate eye area hydrated.
- Right now the weather is getting colder, and cold weather translates to chapped lips! No one likes cracked, chapped and sore, dry lips so to avoid all this from happening to you, it’s simple. Add a dash of coconut to your lips every morning before you go to work, then apply your lipstick over the top. At night, apply the same amount before you go to bed. You will wake up with lovely and soft lips, in tip top condition!
Another fun fact about coconut oil is that it also prevents gum disease and tooth decay! An army of natural-beauty devotees swear by coconut oil for just about anything and everything. Are you one of them? Let the world know by sharing this blog post!